Saturday, July 3, 2010

My Birthday

Another year has come and I am once again a year older. I haven't hit the big 30 yet so I feel good about that. That day started with a nice 2 mile run. I'm not as in shape as I want to be but it felt good to go that far. After RB went shopping with the girls leaving me at home with some peace and quiet. After talking to both of my sisters and getting ready for the day RB came back. He bought me a garden for in front of our house. Two years ago I tried to clear out the weeds and here are the pics. of that year. I only had six flowers to plant.




This year the weeds were just as bad and a lot taller. RB did most of the dirty work but together we dug down and got all the weeds out. We laid out the black tarp stuff that stops the weeds from growing. Then we put down some Pete moss and top soil to finish it off. RB bought me some tomatillo's, strawberries, pacifica orchid halo's, and some cooler blushes. It was fun to be outside and getting a small garden growing. I forgot to take before pics. but here are the after pics.







That evening we went to Olive Garden for dinner and then headed to a church with a big baseball diamond grass area behind it for the fireworks. I love watching fireworks and so do my girls. After playing at the park for awhile and it's getting dark my girls get in their PJ's to watch the show. My mother-in-law bakes cupcakes too for the birthday celebration. Every year the fireworks land on my b-day or Lil's.






It was a great day!

2 comments:

Rachel Slane said...

i love their little faces!!!

Lisa said...

Hey! I just remembered that you once asked me about some rocks for your yard. If you still want some you should venture out to our house. We have THOUSANDS!