Yesterday was a great day. A friend of ours told us about the Twin Falls, ID Temple open house that is running until the 16th of Aug. We took our family down and LOVED it. We did a little pre-teaching with MJ before we left. We talked about how the temple is where Jesus lives and her response was "I thought he lived in the church." We explained how the temple is his other house. We also talked about how that is where we should get married. We explained how we were married in the Logan temple and showed her pics of it. She was pretty excited to go to the temple.
When we arrived at the church and sat down in the chapel to wait for our tour MJ stated that she was going to get married in this temple and pointed to the pamphlet. That was great because when we went through we showed her where she would get dressed and where she would get married. I also asked how she felt in the temple. She responded yes to feeling happy, peace, and a desire to do good. The only bad part was when we were entering the temple we had to put coverings on our feet to protect the carpet. MJ started to cry and freak out because she did not want those on her feet. One lady came up and explained to her it was like Cinderella getting her slipper on. MJ could have cared less even though I thought it was clever. She calmed down after noticing everyone was wearing them and it wouldn't hurt her.
We had a great time at the temple with our children. What a special time to spend together as a family.
RB and I are dog sitting until Sun. This is Lady. Now you have to understand neither of us have ever owned a dog before. Also, I really don't like dogs. RB does though so that's good. I do feel bad for Lady though. Since she can squeeze under our fence in one area we have to keep her chained up. As you can see from the pic. she likes to walk in circles. You can also see how dead our grass is and how badly it needs to be cut. But that is not the point.
This morning I went for a run with her which she really liked. It is also a good thing we don't have a lot of things in our backyard because Lady is kind of destructive. I had a flower pot back there and it's gone now. Lady also keeps knocking over her food container so we had to move that and she got into her treats and now those are all gone. You can tell RB and I really don't know much about caring for a dog. She is getting food and water though so at least she wont die on us.

3 comments:
did you and mike get a pic of the two of you looking up for your temple book?? you should of!! your daughter freaks out about stuff that you would think you never take her anywhere....did she ask why most of her aunts and uncle (on your side) isnt married in one if that is where we get married?? LOL
I'm glad you all had a good time at the temple with the kids. It is really special to hear them talk about getting married there some day.
Cute photo at the temple. We are headed there Friday and I'm way excited.
My aunt makes leather all the time, I will have to ask her the "trick" to it.
Katie
Post a Comment