Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Great Saturday

RB just asked, "Is this the best thing we have to blog? Old fruit leather and a CTR shield." I'm sorry to say ladies and gentleman but yes it is. So if your not interested then don't read it but my life if kind of boring.

So I got up yesterday and made 7 loaves of bread. Fun? Maybe. Long? Definitely! After I made fruit leather. Correction, tried to make fruit leather. Yes, we had eaten some by the time I took the pic. but the fruit wasn't quite ripe and it is really tart. Plus I put it on the sun ALL DAY LONG. Yea, does anyone know how to do this? Or a better way of doing this? I really need help.



While all of this was going on I accomplished 5 loads of laundry, and cleaned some of my kitchen. With bread and fruit leather everywhere it was kind of hard. Plus we went grocery shopping. By then the girls we very tired and yes so was I.

I wasn't done yet though. I like to make things difficult sometimes and RB just loves it! :) I needed a CRT shield to go along with my sharing time for Sunday. RB was FABULOUS! He did such a good job at measuring (drafting skills) and cutting (manly skills) out my shield. Then we colored it with a crayon a goldish color. However, when we were finished it looked like cardboard again. Not cool. So I painted it white. You can see by the back that we had a fun time deciding what colors might work.


My sharing time went very well. Thank you RB for all of your help! No this is not a "technicolor dream shield" as RB just called it. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Rachel Slane said...

your so good!! i just find the sharing times that say talk about this sing this song and print this for the kids to color?!! Ha maybe i need to put more into mine!! what did the ctr shield have to do with the theme?? love you oh an easier way for fruit leather go to the store they are called fruit roll ups (hehehehe)

Jamie Kent said...

Wow- you really got a lot done in one day. I wished I could have seen your sharing time, I am sure it was awesome! Thanks for trading me!

The Peterson's said...

Wow!! I think you got a lot done that day!! You have turned into super mom! That is my goal someday!

Walkers said...

I don't know anything about making fruit leather, so the advice to go to the store for fruit roll ups sounds good to me! Doesn't sound like a boring life to me, your very busy!!

jeffylou said...

Go to scrapblog and you can publish your scrapbook stuff. I LOVE this site. Have fun! Jen