This is not in order of happenings. We have been trying to enjoy the rest of our summer vacation as much as we can. Once school starts, things will slow down. Until then we have done a lot to keep us busy.
Our school did a faculty back to school night. We brought our own meat, something to share, and had a blast on the water slide. We do the water slide every year at the end of the year water party for the students. This time we had free reign of the fun. We all loved it! It was a great time!
Helping mom and dad set up their classrooms.
We went school shopping as well. Buddy was so excited to get a Flash and a Captain America shirts just like daddy. Now they are twiners. Buddy loves his daddy and being just like him!
Buddy and Ms M love playing with daddy too. Buddy loves jumping onto daddy's shoulders and Ms M tries to get up there. They love it.
Walks around the block are always a good family activity.
Jellybean in Ms M's dolls bed. Ms M got such a kick out of this.
Back to school hair cuts were done as well. RB cut his hair back in July and his Mohawk lasted less then 5 min. I HATE haircuts like this. RB wanted to keep it for a few days but shaved it all off for me. Thanks! We did it to Buddy and he hated it, yea. Then the girls wanted some length taken off. All in all they are all pretty happy with their new dos.
This was a scary part of our August. Lil came home from a friends home just bawling. Now this has happened before with her falling off her bike or scooter. Not this time. A dog around the block had attacked her and bit her. She was in the gutter of the street and even thought the owners were yelling at it to return to the house it didn't listen. Lil was so scared and shaken up. I called dispatch and they can and got our story and took pics. of Lil's leg. The next thing I know I have four other men in my living room. Apparently the cop had asked the ambulance to come. We signed a waiver releasing medical attention since it wasn't needed and now it is all documented about what happened. We think there have been other complaints about this dog because we haven't seen it since. It tried to attack me and my running buddies one day, and it tried to attack the neighbor boys once too. I really hope it is gone. I hate dogs that chase you and bark. Lil is doing good. She liked all the attention and is all healed from her bruised leg.
Buddy slept with his sword down his back one night. It reminded me of the Nephites who couldn't go to sleep with their weapons of war on the ground for in the morning they would be gone. Funny kid.
RB had a scout camp at the airport. Besides the mosquitoes and the constant noise from the freeway he had a pretty good time. I guess they saw a DUI and the boys loved that.
The Aggies had a scrimmage practice that we went too. The kids had a great time getting their faces painted (I smugged Ms M's), and spinning a wheel for free prizes. Then they went down on the field to play and meet some players. MJ was telling me that a camera guy was following her around and she got to hold one of the players gloves for awhile. She loved it. They were mainly on the 30 yrd line and I stayed in the stands with Jellybean who was sleeping. I didn't want to carry her all the way down to carry her back up again. Try and see if you can find them. Here is a hint: Ms M is sitting on the ground.
Lil loves holding Jellybean.
What a beautiful morning.
Silly girl!
We did make it to the splash pad one last time too. The kids both brought a friend and we invited the ward too. We had quite the gathering of kids and us adults enjoyed our cluck-cluck session as RB calls it when women talk.
Ready or not school is about ready to start. But hopefully I'll still get nights like this where I have my arms full of my loved ones.



























0 comments:
Post a Comment