Friday, April 1, 2011

Parker Andy Pedersen

Monday this week I had a doctors appointment. While there I asked what my chances were of going into labor sometime this week would be. He said 75%. That is a pretty big chance and since I don't want to go into labor at school I knew I would be at home the rest of the week. With all of this in mind we decided to get me started on Tues. afternoon so I could use my days home with a baby and not waiting for a baby to come.

So Tues. after RB's school meeting we headed into the hospital. They were waiting for me and got me all hooked up to everything. I was already having contractions every 4-6 minutes. They just weren't hurting and I couldn't tell I was having half of them. I arrived at the hospital at 12:30 and they got me started on patocim or whatever that is called. Well it really wasn't doing anything so my doctor came in and broke my water at 4pm. The nurse and doctor reminded me that when I get an epidural I can't walk around, and I said I'm ready now for it.

You see I clearly remember what happened with Lil. My water broke and less than an hour later I had her in my arms. Knowing that my water breaking is the magical trick for my body I knew this baby was coming quickly. The guy came in and through all the hard contractions finally got the epidural in at 4:20. Just in time too! Everything was starting to go numb and at 4:30 Parker Andy Pedersen was born. My doctor and nurse were surprised at how fast things went. I suggested next time I get the epidural and then break the water. My doctor agreed.

Parker was born on March 29, 2011 at 4:30pm. He was 18 1/2 inches long, and weighed 6.3 lbs. He looks like an old man. He is doing really well. I had a doctors appointment today for him and so far he doesn't need a suntanning bed for jaundice. He is in the 7% for head size and 4% for weight as he has dropped to 5.10 lbs. I am doing well too. Sore and tired but recovering quickly. Parker's sisters love him to pieces. Lil loves to hold him and help out. MJ is a little timid around him but still likes to look at him. I'm glad my mom is able to be here to help out with the little things. Here are some pics.


Our little man.


The Family.


You looking at me?


My old man face.


Going home outfit.

It's good to be home with our new addition to the family. We are very blessed and appreciate all the love and kindness shown to us by everyone!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

wow! congratulations! I'm so glad things went well--he is perfect!

The Peterson's said...

He is so beautiful! Glad that he is home and things are going well!

dangle said...

That is soo cool! Way cute kid. Congrats.

Lori said...

He is so cute! Can't wait to see him in person.

rickynkim said...

so sweet! Glad everything went well for you and him!! Congrats!!