Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

Happy Easter! We decided to do Easter after church this year because the girls slept in. Once they woke up it was time to get them ready for church. So while they were at church the Easter Bunny came and hid the eggs in the backyard. What a gorgeous day! The girls loved running around and finding the eggs. Then we made egg sandwiches for lunch. Yummy! MJ informed me that at church today they did not talk about Easter, they talked about the gold plates. I'm sure something was said about Easter but as long as she got something out of it, I'm not complaining.


All ready to look for the eggs.


RB wanted to find one with the Reese's chocolate egg inside. It took him about three eggs before he found one.


MJ wanted to know why the Easter Bunny didn't hid any up on their play set. Who knows.


Opening up the eggs. RB bought little peeps and they actually fit inside the eggs really well. Now hopefully the girls will just eat them because I think they are gross.


Peeling the eggs for sandwiches.

Easter has been great this year. We have been reading in The Friend about what happened the last eight days before Easter. The girls have really enjoyed reading one each day up to today. Last week our home teachers came and challenged us to remember all of Jesus' life and not just his resurrection this Easter year. So we've been trying to do that as well. Well Happy Easter again everyone!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

cute pictures! i don't like peeps either

The Peterson's said...

Cute Easter at your house! I love Watching parents get just excited about the holidays as kids do! Glad RB found his treat!

Lori said...

I had an interesting conversation about peeps with a couple of ward members on Sunday. They said sit them out for about 5 days and let them dry out and get crunchy, then they are really good. I still think they sound disgusting, crunchy or soft!

Glad you had a fun Easter!