Monday, April 13, 2009

March Visit to WY

My last post had no pictures. I was too lazy to get them off the computer and post them. Today I'm feeling a little more energetic. In March we went to WY because my sister was down for a visit. I only get to see my sister once a year if I'm lucky so I took advantage of the opportunity to see her and her family.

While we were their my brother-in-law brought out his new gun. Yes, they live in WY and yes, he is a hunter fanatic. He recently bought this 50 caliber gun. Now don't ask me what that means because I don't know and to be honest don't really care. It was big and loud! We took it to the shooting range and each got a turn shooting it. (I got to shoot it twice, hehehe.)

Here is RB shooting it.

Here is me wearing my sisters coat for backfire protection, which surprisingly had very little for such a big gun. Now you may ask, did I hit anything. YES... the ground. No targets though.

So one may ask what it feels like to shoot such a big gun. Heart thumping, adrenaline rushing, and LOUD. If I had zero ear protection I would be deaf right now!!!!! It was fun though. It has been many, many years since I've last shoot a gun at the shooting range. Good times.

2 comments:

Annette said...

FUN!!!!

Lisa said...

wow! i never would have guessed you were a hunter. :)