Tuesday, April 28, 2009

FHE FUN!?

Last night we had FHE. It was a blast. We started with a song. MJ would sing a line and then mom and dad would. We'll mom and dad sang too much of a line that MJ wanted to sing and off she stormed up the stairs to her room crying the whole way. RB and I looked at each other with the "what do we do now" look. So I went up and got her. She sat on the bottom stair and cried for awhile until she decided to climb up on the window sill. Great. Until little Lil decided to take the toy container MJ was standing on to get up there. So MJ yells, daddy takes the container away from Lil, MJ is happy, and Lil goes screaming up the stairs to her room. RB was trying to read a very good story through all of this. Then Lil wants the FHE book. Mom says no way because she'll rip it up like the March Friend magazine that is all over the floor. Lil screams, mom puts it away, dad says he's done trying to read.

So he goes on the floor to play with Lil and keep her happy. Mind you MJ is still happily sitting in the window sill not paying attention to anything. So I grab the story and start again. We get through the story about the pioneers being saved by singing a song. We end by sharing our favorite primary songs and singing MJ's favorite "sunbeam." We sang it about 5 times, had popsicles, gave the girls a bath, and sent them to bed.

I hope your FHE went better than ours! Hopefully next week really will be FUN!

3 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Life is fun! The good and the hard!But you were there as a family, that is what is important!

Annette said...

I just had to laugh. Sometimes it's just like that and you described it well. In fact, I'm still chuckling.

Walkers said...

LOL! I really am laughing because I can so sympathize! I blame it on all the female hormones. Just wait til they are teenagers!!:)