So we were going to be out of town for the ward party, but because we changed our plans we were able to go. We had a good time. Dinner was good. We had never had dutch oven lasagna before. The kids had fun playing and us adults clucked-clucked.
The only bad part about the camp-out was the sleeping part. It was a nightmare! This was our first camp-out since Buddy and Ms M have been born. MJ and Lil demanded the air-mattress which was fine because it has a slow leak in it. That put RB, Ms M and I on the ground. Yes, the hard, hard, hard ground. So uncomfortable! RB tried to go home but the gate was closed, so he slept in the van. Then about 5am I stole the sleeping bag the three were laying on so I wasn't freezing anymore. From 5-7am I slept really well! Needless to say we learned a lot from this camping experience and I'm glad we were close to home and didn't have to worry about cooking any food.
Breakfast was just as delicious. RB took the older kids on the night hike and the morning hike. I stayed with the two little ones. After breakfast they had water games for the kids. It started as just a water slide. Then we got a game of kick ball going. We all went home soaking wet. Lil wasn't doing the slide at first, but then she joined in. I'm glad she did.
By the time we got home, most of us felt like this.
Overall, it was a pretty good overall experience. Meet some new friends and had a good time with some good food.





0 comments:
Post a Comment