I love summer vacation. I feel like I can get caught up on everything I've been putting off all year. This year especially since RB and I have been so busy with our masters, a lot of things have been pushed to the side to do later. Well I have been pretty ambitious these last few days. First, RB and I are starting to exercise again.
Then the last few days have been cleaning the basement. Every year this seems to be a project and I think this year we actually have it 98% done. Now I say 98% because 1% is a computer tower and old laptop that needs to be destroyed before we can get rid of it. The other 1% is the boxes by the door that need to go into the trash can. This will take a few weeks as we slowly get rid of it putting a little at a time into the can. In years past we always had a DI pile and this year we actually got rid of it.
Now for those of you who have seen our basement before (like my parents, and sorry I didn't get any before pics) you understand how much of an improvement this is.
As you first walk in.
The food storage side.
Eventually RB wants to put a projector and screen on this side. Put a couch or two down there and have a movie room.
Besides the basement, this morning I decided we needed to make some more fruit leather. So I got eight rakes of fruit leather cooking, and one rack of cut apples drying out. Mmmm, can't wait till it is done. Plus we went and played Frisbee Golf again today. Love that game.
My next big project is my scrap booking. I'm afraid to tackle that one! Maybe after Wed. when the masters is completely finished. We'll see. Have a great day!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Busy, busy, busy
Posted by TP at 3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe your almost done with school! YAY!!! Now can you come and do something about my basement?
congrats on being done with school! What a great accomplishment:) Have fun with everything you've been wanting to push aside!
Way to go! I LOVE getting to projects like that!
Post a Comment