I finally have a moment to catch up on our blog. Here are some Moab pictures. We had a blast and can't wait to go again. MJ loved sleeping in the tent, and hated the jeep when we were high up. We think she is afraid of heights. Lil liked the jeep, and liked playing in the dirt at all times.
Here is a picture of all four jeeps that went including ours. I stole this picture with three others off our friends facebook. I'm glad they posted them so I could have them.
After arriving in Moab at 9pm and setting up in the dark we were ready for bed. MJ woke up at 5am and said she thought she was going to throw up. We rushed to the bathrooms and while she didn't, I did. As the day progressed I felt nauseous most of the day and MJ threw up 4 times through out the day. Most were while we were jeeping. That wasn't very fun. The next day though we all felt better and we had no other stomach bugs.
We started our first day beeping (that's what Lil calls it) with Metal Masher.
Our friend broke something and so we took a break. It was a beautiful area to break down in though.
Since that trail took longer than expected my kids were done for the day. We made it back to camp and the kids played for the rest of the night. RB decided to go out again with some others to Kane Creek Canyon. They were supposed to be back by 8:30-9ish but didn't make it back until 11pm. I was scared but I knew they would be okay. RB popped a tire and they had to change it. Thankfully that was the only thing bad that happened. RB said the trail was gorgeous and it ran down in the water bed. I can't wait to go on it next time.
The next day we went on Fish 'N Things. This one is a lot of up and down on rock. It was fun.
RB let me drive toward the end of this run. It was a hoot driving. Completely different from being the passenger.
We also went to Hole-N-The-Rock. That was pretty cool but I never would want to live in a rock. The only problem was our tour guide wanted to go home and so we got a 5min. tour for 5 bucks. It reminded us of Disneyland.
Here is my favorite scenery picture that I took.
On the way home we hit major traffic in the middle of the day with no AC. I have no idea where we were at but it was down a long canyon. At the bottom it merged from two to one lane and that was causing a major back up. We were stuck coming down for about an hour. Once passed it we had zero problems, even through Provo and SLC traffic. Overall, it was totally worth it and I can't wait to go back.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
More of Moab
Posted by TP at 3:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
maybe its not soo much heights as it is gravity... totally serious...i have decided that i have a fear of gravity its not being high...
What a great adventure you must have had! Fun pics, and I like the scenery pic as well :)
You are very brave! Way to go!
Looks so fun. You guys go on hard trails. I like to stick with the medium ones. I jump out of the jeep when I get scared! You are brave to drive! WOW!
After growing up in that country you would think jeeping would be in my blood, but you are a brave family. I am not the jeeper type, I'm the walker type. Fun to see updates. Enjoy summer break!
Looks like your family had a lot of fun! Your girls are adorable and I love calling it "beeping".
Post a Comment