Friday, June 11, 2010

What am I eating?

This last weekend we had our first ever yard sale. My parent-in-laws and their neighbor all came with things to sell too. MJ and Lil loved playing outside all day. Lil had the cheese and peanut butter crackers as a snack. After the yard sale was over RB found two crackers on the control value covers on the grass. Here is what he found.

Now let me explain. Over half of these ants on these crackers are DEAD! Only a few of them were still moving around. Now I understand ants and humans have different digestive systems and whatnot, BUT still the thought of eating something that kills this many ants is kind of gross! My mom thought it was great and said she may try it around her house to kill some off.

This week we headed to GR to visit my family. It was great to be home for a few days. While we were there my brother came over and we sat around a campfire. While visiting it was discovered that some people had not seen the Mentos in Coke trick. So we made a quick trip to the store (okay my mom did, love you mom) and we had fun experimenting. Some co-workers and I have tried it in our mouths too. Very fun! The first picture I was surprised I caught the blast in a picture, and the second picture is my nephew with pop and Mentos in his mouth. Too funny!



Have a great day!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow Tammy this was an incredibly informative post. We buy and eat those crackers all the time. That is disturbing to think they kill ants. I wonder if all the grease just clogs their arteries? :) I never heard of the mentos trick either and I have to say I"m going to try it now.

Walkers said...

Ya, I think most of the things we eat will eventually kill us off LOL The coke and mentos trick is awesome!! What a great pic capturing the result!

Rachel Slane said...

How come you have all the fun when i'm not there?? jerks.... what is under the cover?? is it the crackers or what's under?? just curious... I'm with you tho GROSS!!!

Jamie Kent said...

Maybe it just kills fat cells...

The Peterson's said...

I have no idea what is really in those crackers and cheese. Fun times and I an glad that I can be a part of your life even if it is just reading about it!