Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sharing the blanket

MJ has a blanket that she absolutely loves. She takes it everywhere even though half the time she has to leave it in the car, like when we go to the store or to church. Lil is now sleeping in a bed. We have to put up the gate in the hall to keep her from wondering around the house. One night this week Lil fell asleep in front of the gate. (MJ used to do this all the time as well.) I came up to check on the girls and this is what I found.

Lil was covered with MJ's favorite blanket. I carried Lil to bed and there was MJ laying in bed staring at the ceiling. I asked her if she had covered Lil up and her response was, "Lil can have my blanky and I'll use my princess one." I told her that was very nice to take care of her sister like that to make sure she wouldn't get cold. MJ just beamed. It was such a sweet moment to see MJ taking care of Lil and watching out for her little sister.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great story! You have cute girls.

rickynkim said...

That is definately a sacrifice for Mir! So sweet!

Rachel Slane said...

WOW I WOULD NEVER OF DONE THAT FOR YOU....THAT MUST BE A PEDERSON GENETIC LOL

Lori said...

That is just too cute!

Walkers said...

How sweet- what cute little girls you have.