The 24th Pioneer Celebration is always fun for us. We love getting together with family and catching up. The kids love the glow sticks, and I love the fireworks. MJ tricked me into trying what was in her straw. She had filled it with pineapple. Yuck! Good times!
What a character. Yes, she made it all the way around the block dressed like that. :)
A coworker and I went to the airport to welcome our new DLI teacher. She is is from Peru! How cool is that. She will be my other half for the year. She will teach the Spanish side, and I will teach the English side. It will be a fun year!
More pictures of our friends that came to stay with us during Ms M's birthday.
We were able to go paddle boarding and kayaking. RB went to a funeral with his mom, so he was not there. But the rest of us had a good time.
We did set off a few fireworks at our home for the kids. Not many, but our own little celebration. Then one night the kids slept on the tramp. Three of the oldest didn't make it all night and they came in, but the littles all made it all night.
A young man in our ward died. Someone put together a singing flash mob thing at their house. We went and sang about 5 hymns for them. Watching ALL the people coming down the street was amazing!
City Days fireworks show had a train the kids got to ride.
I had a DLI conference for two days that I stayed in an AirBnB. This hill was there. So one morning I had the goal to run up it 10 times. I made it 5, and I thought I was going to die. I was sore for about a week after.
RB showing off his skills like those on AGT. :)
We had a great time at the Royals REAL soccer game. We had been watching the world soccer cup and the USA team winning. So to come and see some of those same women play was awesome!
Wearing MJ's glasses.
The girls went and helped picked cherries at the temple. That is what they did for about 4-5 hours. They had a good time!
This stink got mad and disappeared one day. I finally found her at the foot of my bed asleep.
I was able to take Ms M and Lil to their birthday meals at Texas Roadhouse. Then we went and saw Cinderella at the Hales Theatre. It was a fun night together!
We finished building our stage up. The far side is finally built. Now our entire couch fits up there. Our whole family fits on it too. We love it!
The 3rd fireworks. The kids love playing in the sand. I made a comment to my sister-in-law about the kids getting all dirty. She looks over at some kids running their heads into the ground. She made a comment like "look at those dumb kids" or something like that. I go "I agree my kids are being dumb." It was funny she didn't realize who the kids were.
July has been a fun filled month with many activities!



























0 comments:
Post a Comment