Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fund Run & Mothers Day

On Sat. we ran on our schools fund raiser. We had a Fund Run and you could run a 5k or 1 mile. MJ decided to do the 1 mile and so we all signed up. It killed me not doing the 5k when they started but it is probably a good thing. I'm not as in shape as I need to be. RB pushed Little Rat and our nephew while MJ and I ran beside him. (Lil was still with grandparents.) We got about a fourth of the way through the mile and MJ said she needed to walk. So RB kept going and we walked for about 10 sec. Then she said she was ready to go again and we ran the rest of the way. She did so good! I was so impressed that she ran even though she was getting tired. She is going to be my running buddy for sure. It took MJ and I 9:51 min. to finish. I was impressed and happy with our time. MJ was so happy that she won a water bottle with the prizes too. It was a good morning and beautiful weather.

My Mothers Day started with RB and MJ making me french toast with strawberries in bed. It was very delicious. I also got some raspberry lemonade, a nerds rope stick, and lime bars. Yes, my family knows I have a sweet tooth. Church was good and in the afternoon my mom and Lil came home. MJ started to yell, "Lil is home, Lil is home." I go to the door and ask MJ, "What's wrong." She wipes her eyes and says, "I just so happy Lil is home." It was really cute to see how much MJ missed and loves her sister. Although now they have made up for their being separated with many fights and arguments. Oh well, it's good to have Lil back even though I had forgot how much energy she possess at any given time of the day.

Today is my last day of maternity leave. I can't believe it's already over. I am grateful my mom and going to watch my kids till the end of the year. Now I don't have to worry about daycare until Little Rat is about 5 months. That will be good. Well have a great day!

0 comments: