Monday, March 15, 2010

WAC Conference

RB and I decided we wanted a little vacation. My parents took the girls and we headed to Reno, NV for the WAC tournament this weekend. It was a lot of fun. We had a lot of talking time and relaxing time. We went hot tubing in the hotel, shopping at the various outdoor malls, and ate some great food. The Aggies won on Friday putting us on the finals, but we lost to the NM State Aggies Sat. night.



Here is RB and his mom waiting for Friday nights game to start. After the win we went out to eat at the Circus Circus hotel. They have a Gecko BBQ grill place which is really good food and really good prices. We had a sampler platter with ribs, hot wings, chicken strips, onion rings, and french fries for $18. It was plenty of food too. While we were waiting to eat we were watching ESPN that was on the TV's. Stew Morrel the head coach of USU came on. RB automatically goes "Steeeeewwwww" which is what the crowd does every time Stew is announced. Immediately, five different tables joined in making everyone in the restaurant look around and the waiter guy really confused. It was great and all of us Aggies just laughed and went on with our business as if nothing had happened.


These pictures are of RB's dad. He started dressing up YEARS ago. Yes, he still gets funny looks but we all love it.


It's good to be home, but it was great to get away for awhile as well. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Annette said...

How FUN! And my mouth was watering at all the good food!

Julie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I think his dad looks awesome. It could be worse, I mean he could be Bill?!!! j/k -

Glad you got some fun time away together!

Walkers said...

Sounds like a great mini vacation! I'm with Annette, I haven't had lunch yet and the food made my mouth water!

Natalie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm glad you got to have a little break. Your girls are sure growing up. We are coming in may and hopefully we can see you guys. it has been awhile.