Friday, June 19, 2009

Blanding Visit

After our Yellowstone trip we headed to GR to visit my family. On the way we saw this really cool double rainbow.

After we were in GR for a couple of day my dad, mom, and sister Chel loaded up with my family on one vehicle and traveled to Blanding to visit my Uncle Kay (my moms brother) and his family. It was a blast.

Here are the girls with my mom blowing bubbles one morning.




The tramp was a big hit. Lil is such a little bouncer.


RB showing off his flips.


When we were not outside we were in playing cards or watching movies. Here is Lil while we played cards.


On Sat. we visited four corners. It has been years since I was there last. They charge so much per person now. How cheap!


We also visited a National Park. I think it was called Hovenweep. It had cool ruins on the edge of cliffs. Here is my Uncle Kay and Aunt Jenny walking with Lil. She loved it. Notice how MJ is clear in the front. She is so competitive that way.


Do not ask me why they built doorways facing the cliff side. Weird.


I had to add this picture as we drove through Moab. My mom and dad walked down memory lane as we drove through Monticello and Moab. Both my mom and dad worked here at Walker Drug store. My mom is a Walker and my parents both went to High School in Moab where they met.


RB said I had to blog this pic. So here it is.


Back in GR again we spent another couple of days before heading back to UT. One night this is how we found MJ and Lil.

It's good to be home but we had a blast while we were gone!

5 comments:

Rachel Slane said...

Yes and I have no idea where she gets that competitive side from?? The caption for the picture of you and Mir should be something like: "Like mother like daughter" or "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" It was funny cuz you both had the exact same face...yours with less hair but mouth open etc..

Nicole Mecham said...

Hey, I found your blog through the grapevine. I love the pictures from your trip. Your girls have gotten so big since last time I saw you guys. This is Nicole (Aaron Mecham's wife) by the way. I just made my blog private so if you want to check ours out too send me your email and I will add you to our list. Our's is themechamblog.blogspot.com.

The Peterson's said...

It is good to make memories and have fun trips with family! I don't think enough people do that now days!

Julie said...

Glad you had fun - glad you're back too!!!

Jamie Kent said...

I love Moab! Looks like you had a great time!