Tree hunting this year did not disappoint. It was another great adventure.
On our way to grandmas we spotted an eagle. We had to go back and take a better look at it. The kids loved it!
We were so happy to see snow once we got up in the mountains. We tried to go to our usual spot but our jeep wouldn't stay in 4-low. It kept popping out. Then RB's brothers vehicle never would have made it up to where we were at. So we had to back down the hill and park at the side of the road. It was not a simple backing down however. We had much pushing and digging around tires to get the vehicles out. This is where my first near death experience happened. We finally got the other vehicle unstuck and then we tried to get us out. RB, his brothers, and I piled into the jeep. I was clearing off the seat so I could get in and sit, when RB started to go almost running me over. After I finally made it in RB started to back up and slid off the road causing my second near death experience as we almost ran into a tree. Ok, I really wasn't close to death but it sure if fun to tease RB about it.
Ready to go find a tree.
Buddy really was happy until we stopped to cut the tree down. Then he got a little upset that we wouldn't let him out.
RB is the type that likes to search for the perfect tree. He has to look at many trees before deciding which one to get. He walked around a bend and low and behold he found our tree. It was destiny. The light was shining right on our perfect tree.
Ok, it wasn't a perfect tree. But it was good enough and that is the one we got. The girls helped cut it down this year. They thought that was great being able to use the saw.
The Tree.
I accidentally took a picture while rubbing the water off my phone and this is what I got. Not bad for an accident.
Sledding is always a must!
The campsite. Fire, hot chocolate, cider, hot dogs, and chips. Loved it!
We had so much fun! This is a tradition worth keeping.














0 comments:
Post a Comment