Saturday, May 25, 2013

Another Year Older

RB had another birthday. I tried to make the day special for him but it's hard when it's a school day. I let him open one present before school. 

 His students were so excited. RB loves to read Gerald and Piggie books by Mo Willems to his 4th graders, and they love listening to them. RB had told his class the new book that came out on the 22nd wouldn't arrive until after school let out. Well I pre-ordered it and the they liked that. 

At school I had my students do a walk by shouting of Happy Birthday like I did last year. I sent one to two kids every few seconds to yell it into his classroom. Always good! We also had the Triathlon in the morning and then Field Day in the afternoon. Being in the sun all day really zaps your energy and we were exhausted when we got home. RB took a nap in the chair while I made spaghetti and his birthday cakes. Then when MJ got home for a play tryouts we opened presents.  

Buddy really was upset when RB only let him open one present. He thought he should be able to open them all.


You'll notice the lovely wrapping of the presents. I was so mad when the last of the snowman paper was barely too short to fit all the way around. So I used a scrap of flower paper to finish it off. Good thing RB doesn't care about what the wrapping paper is and how it looks! 

RB got a wii Golden Eye game, a board game (picture above), 3 Mo Willems books (one wont be released until Oct.), a new pair of pants and shorts, and then my practical gift of the medicine cabinet for his bathroom. He had no idea about this gift and was very surprised. 

You'll notice in this picture that every kid is blowing out the candles. RB said he did get to blow out the last candle. 
The next day we went to Texas Road House for dinner and that topped off a good birthday. We love you RB and all you do for this family! Happy Birthday!


1 comments:

Rachel Slane said...

Wait a minute you have an extra kid in the last two pictures lol is that Lilly 2??