Easter Eve was filled with decorating eggs. I forgot to take pictures of them actually doing it but that is okay. Buddy Boy loved putting the eggs in the cups of dye, maybe I should say smashing the eggs in the cups. It was a good time. After the eggs had dried the girls were putting stickers on them. It was a very serious and stressful event. They couldn't find the stickers they wanted.
Wait, I found it.
But oh no, it wasn't the one Lil wanted. MJ took all of those. Luckily we lived through the decorating event.
Easter morning began with finding kites, and candy around the house. Buddy got a penguin kite, MJ a ladybug, and Lil a kitty kite.
Oh yea, I forgot they got bubbles too.
This year I made jello eggs. After church they made a perfect snack.
After our snack we headed to grandma and grandpa's home. There we did an egg hunt. Grandma had a great idea though. She found quotes and pictures that dealt with Christ and the resurrection. If the girls found an egg with a paper in it, they had to read it to us (or us to them), and then they could exchange it for some candy. The girls loved it. It helped them remember the true meaning of Easter while still having fun finding the eggs. I didn't bring my camera to the grandparents home though. As soon as I get the pictures off my mom's camera I'll post them. One picture the girls are saying how they can't find anymore and you can see one in the tree as I take the picture. It's pretty funny.
Easter was a great day filled with the spirit and family. I truly do not think about the Atonement and the Resurrection as much as I should. That is a goal of mine, to ponder those blessing more in my life. Hope you all had a great Easter too!
1 comments:
What a fun Easter!! Loved the decorating details, sounds so familiar lol. Grandma is very smart! The Easter bunny might have to try that next year with our girls :)
Post a Comment