Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend w/ Ms M's Blessing

Labor Day Weekend was wonderful!

On Saturday we headed down south to a nephews baptism. It was a great day to see that, and be with family. We had a great lunch afterwards and then headed home. RB was so good to me. He drove both ways so I could write my lesson plans. Usually I have them done at school. However, with last week being the first week of school I was simply surviving and didn't get them done. It was nice to have travel time to write them. 

Sunday was a great day. A little crazy but still great. We had so many friends and family come to celebrate the birth/blessing of Ms M. We feel very blessed by the love and support from everyone who came and even those who were not able to be there. It was good to be able to see family two days in a row too. Families are what it is all about. Without them we would be lonely and lost. I love my family so much! My mom was so good to take pictures for me too so I didn't have to worry about it. She got some good ones. 


This is such a good picture. I love it.





Monday I took MJ, Lil, and a friend of theirs to the pool. We had such a good time swimming and going down the slide. We played tag, freeze tag, catch the mermaids, stay away from the unmoving crab (that was me towards the end, too tired to move), and of course went down the slide a hundred times. The only bad part was I got the kids all sun protected and forgot to have MJ put some on my back. So I got my one and only burn this year and it is painful. The last real day to be out swimming and I burn. Yep, it was worth it though. 

Even though the weekend is over for most people, mine is still going. I should have taken last week of for maternity but I wanted to be there to get my class set up. Since Lil doesn't have Kindergarten this week I took all of this week off instead. It has been great being home. Definitely something I will miss next week. I hope all your Labor Day weekends were fun as well!

0 comments: