Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nieces Baptism

After vacationing in SD we went to my nieces baptism and confirmation. RB had the special privilege of performing both ordinances. It was a very special day. My niece was so excited and nervous. My parents gave the prayers, and my other sister gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. I lead the music and then MJ, Lil, and I sang When I am Baptized. We had been practicing for about 2 weeks. MJ was shy at first but got louder as the song went on. Lil did so good too. She sang every word she knew and stood quietly at the parts she couldn't remember. When we went up there Lil goes I don't want to be up here, I don't want to sing. (She wanted to play the piano instead.) Both girls did such a good job! I am so glad we were able to be apart of that special event.




So after a week of resting at my parents home, almost a week in SD, and then my nieces baptism it has been a good long two weeks of traveling and making good memories. It is good to be home even though responsibilities are back now too like bills and house cleaning. We did come home to a nice surprise though.

Our garden looks like a jungle! Our poor peppers and strawberries have been taken over! Oh well, at least we will have plenty of tomatoes. We are sad our summer is coming to a close but we have a few more summer plans before school starts again. Should be fun!

0 comments: