Sunday, August 21, 2011

August (Some of it Anyways)

Summer is sadly coming to an end. Like my sister said, "Now Friday's will have meaning again." We are trying to fill the rest of our summer with fun family times. RB watched the kids one day so I could go to the temple with my sister, mom, and some friends. It was so much fun to see them again and go to lunch. It was a good day. Thanks RB, I love you!


MJ loves rolly-pollies. That is what we call them anyways. She dislikes every other creepy crawler around, but will cover herself in rolly-pollies and have the biggest smile on her face because of it.

MJ is excited for first grade. Her teacher was a kindergarten teacher last year who moved up, so she is excited to see her again.

I love watching my girls eat watermelon. It is like candy to them! We have really tired hard as a family to eat more healthy and be more active. So far we are doing pretty good and the watermelon is only helping.


Buddy Boy (aka Little Rat) is getting so big. He doesn't show it on the charts though being below 5% on weight, height, and head size. But to us he needs to stop growing!!! He cracks us up every day with new things. He still likes mush which is new because my girls hated the stuff, and he sadly is already learning to fight sleep. Here he is in the high-chair. Yep, one pacifier just isn't enough any more. :)


He also loves his jumperoo. He bounces like crazy in that thing.


Okay, so maybe this next part isn't a fun family memory but it needed to get done. We finished the bathroom in the laundry room. We put in a shower, and finished the last wall needed for that shower. Yea! It is done!



Church today was really good. The high council man and the RM talked about making righteous decisions in our lives. How we can be blessed when we do make good decisions, and how we should not pass judgment on those around us. I was able to really feel the spirit today as wonderful ward members took Buddy Boy. Thank you! It feels like it has been awhile since I've gotten anything out of church, so today was great. Well, I have really enjoyed my summer and even though I do look forward to my class it will be sad to say goodbye to warm weather, and lazy days! Good luck everyone with the beginning of a new school year!

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Sounds like you are making the best of the few days left! Glad to hear everything is going well!

Walkers said...

We hated to see summer go too... but happy to be back on schedule! Your kids are growing up so fast! I'm glad that I get to see it all happen, even if it is in pictures!