My afternoon/night started with my return from school at 3:30pm. I walked into my house and heard a dog bark. After further investigation I found the dog tied up in my backyard. I had forgotten we were dog sitting again this weekend. Yes, it is the same dog as before, Lady. Now my love for dogs has not grown any since the last time we watched her so you can image my surprise when she was here. After MJ played outside for awhile she decided we needed to go for a walk with the dog.
Being the wonderful mother I am (ha, ha), I agreed. Lady was super excited and we started our adventure around one block. Lady is much stronger than I. I am pushing the stroller and holding onto the leash at the same time. When Lady would take off so would I. That meant so did the stroller. We were two wheeling it many times trying not to tip Lil over. Finally MJ decided she could push Lil as long as the dog wasn't close to her. Yes, you heard right. She's the one who wanted to go for the walk WITH THE DOG, and she's afraid of it. She would freak out and scream every time the dog got near. About half way around the block MJ was tired of pushing. This actually worked to my advantage. MJ would run and so would I with the dog. Every time the dog got close she would take off again. The second half of the block did not take nearly as much time as the first half.
After we got home I reheated waffles, the frozen kind, and sat down to eat. (RB had a meeting tonight and didn't get home until after 6:30.) MJ decided to pray. For the first time she prayed by herself. MJ is the type where she has to do something over, and over, and over and over again before she will do it on her own. She did so good. She thanked Heavenly Father for our blessing, and then asked him to bless a whole bunch of people. Then she paused and asked "what other words can I say?" I prompted her to bless the food and then she closed. It was great. She loved it.
Sorry this is a novel tonight. After RB got home we were downstairs and MJ was pushing around my big exercise ball. It hit the pool table and Cocoa Puffs went flying everywhere. I was amazed and shocked to see these chocolate balls all over my floor with no cereal box in sight. Upon investigation we found a pocket of our pool table full of Cocoa Puffs. MJ had made a little stash for herself so if she ever got hungry while downstairs.
Overall my night has been full of fun and adventurous activities. Hope your night is going well too!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
My Night
Posted by TP at 7:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love the Cocoa Puff story!!! What a smart girl!!!
Your walk with the dog sounds as funny as watching my neighbor's boys walk their dog. They have a dachsund, but her boys haven't figured out they are stronger than the dog so they don't "walk" the dog, the dog "runs" them!
I love listening to little kid's prayers - they're so cute.
Gotta love day like that! Funny!
Don't ya love how everyday is a different adventure when you have kids!
You have to read, "Marlee and Me." You will laugh because you understand!
Exciting fun advernture with dogs and kids! Life is the best!
Post a Comment