My family and I have had a very blessed month.
1) We were having car problems. One place diagnosed our vehicle as having two things wrong with it and a cost of $1100. I was devastated. We paid our $100 diagnosed fee and I began looking around. I found the best price to be around $700. Much better but not great. So I took it in. They began looking at the car and said it was something completely else than what I was first told. The total cost was $430!! YEA!!!
2) Having one vehicle can be kind of a pain. As I was debating how I was going to get my car from point a to point b and then home again with two kids was really stressing me out. My b-sitter stepped in with out even being asked and said hey I'll follow you there to drop your car off and then I can take you home. THANK YOU. It was great not having to walk home with two kids even though it would only have been about a 1/2 mile walk. Then while the car was in the shop I had two co-workers step in and offer/give me rides. The one was able to drop me off after work at the shop since the car was fixed. I love great people who are willing to go out of their way to help someone else. I pray they will be blessed in their efforts as well.
3) Last week at school I checked my teacher mail box. Inside was an envelope with "TP" on the front of it. Inside was $200! Because of this money our savings (which isn't much) is now back up where it was before we had car problems. What a blessing!
4) RB last night saw a guy at the side of the road who needed a jump on their car. After jumping them once and then five miles later jumping them again he ended up taking them where they needed to go. They parked their vehicle at the Texaco and RB drove them to Pocatello, ID. Yes, he was gone for 3 hours but it was the least we could do after receiving the extra money we got.
5) Since we got our car back from repairs we still had an obnoxious noise. It was only when we were going between 30 and 60 miles per hour. We were dreading having to take it back into the shop and pay more to get it fixed. Well this morning RB called me and told me he hasn't heard the noise at all. Sure enough after I drove it I haven't heard the noise either. Hopefully it fixed itself and all is well with our vehicle.
6) When RB called me he told me of another great blessing. He filled up his car in Pocatello, ID before heading home. He drove 85 miles back and then another 20 miles this morning to his car pool. After arriving at his car pool his gas meter thing still read we had a full tank of gas. Wow.
The Lord has truly blessed me and my family this month! I am truly grateful for all he has blessed us with. I know he is looking out for each and every one of us. Some blessing are easier to see and recognize but I know he blesses up each day. We just have to look for them. I pray we all can recognize those blessings and have our cups running over every month!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
My Cup Runneth Over
Posted by TP at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Car problems are awful! I am glad things have worked out for you. What a great thing to share!
I am glad you have angels looking over you, you guys deserve it, you are angels for so many others!!!
i wish i could be you and have that faith!! you are awesome i love you soo much and miss you tons!! You guys deserve all you get!!
That was nice to read. It is good to stop and count our blessings.
I LOVE serving with you. Thanks so much for all you do and for the good example you are. You have a special family - hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I've heard that if you turn up the radio all car noises go away. I've actually tried it and yes it works!
Post a Comment