Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Fun

I really do love 9am church. I know it is early getting up and getting ready, but it is so worth it. Seventy-five percent of the time I get up at 7am with the girls and together we get ready. By the time we are all ready to go RB is back from his meetings and we head up to the church to make sure chairs are set up for primary. After church we eat a snack/lunch and then lay down my the heater. I usually fall asleep there on the floor while Lil later goes up stairs for a nap. Sometimes RB will lay down and MJ will play quietly if she doesn't lay down. After nap it is time for playing games, reading stories, and eventually dinner. The best part about Sundays is the treat we make. Brownies or cookies are always easy, but sometimes we have peach (originally apply) crisp, or other yummy things like that. It truly is a day of rest for our family and day we all love. If we don't stay home then we go to RB's parents home for dinner and then to a friends home for games. Either way it is a relaxing day!

Here is MJ playing one of her favorite games of Chicken Foot with Dominoes.


While we play Dominoes Lil would rather build her own creations with the extra set we have.


Today at church the High Councilmen talked about finding happiness in our lives. It was good as they talked about the differences between happiness and pleasure. Also, choosing to be angry or happy in different situations. It was a good reminder that the choices we make each day can bring happiness to our lives or consequences that may not make us so happy. This is my goal this week to chose to be happy. Although tomorrow that won't be a problem as it is a holiday and day off, I'll be very happy! Have a great President's Day everyone and I hope you are happy in your lives!

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I like 9 am church too! We also love playing chicken foot! Too fun!

Lori said...

I'm with you on the 9am Church schedule... LOVE IT! I feel like I have an extra day in the week and I get to spend it resting! :-)