Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happenings

Things have been going good. School routines are going well and not much has happened. MJ is still loving school and doing well. It's been fun teaching at the same school as RB. We talk on the way to and from school and then don't have to update each other about our days when we get home. We can focus on MJ's and Lil's days.

Friday at school we had an assembly to kick off our reading program. The reading coach had faculty members come up and play "minute to win it." RB was called up with another fifth grade teacher but since the other teacher was busy setting up for the watermelon party after the assembly I was called up. The goal was to drop the handle of a broom on the edge of a paper plate that had a ping pong ball on it and the other partner tried to catch the ball in their cup standing behind you. Well RB is really good at being fast and catching things. We got in a system and won. It was pretty fun and of course the kids loved watching and cheering for their teachers.

After school that day a cute second grader came up to me and says, "I know who your father is." I was quite surprised and said, "Oh yea, who is he." The kid responded, "Mr. Pedersen." I laughed and go, "Well actually, that is my husband." He just shrugged, smiled, and walked off. Man my husband must look really old to be called my father.

After school Friday my mom, sisters, and I went fruit stand shopping and spent some girl time together. Then Sat. my sisters and I went down to the Gateway mall and shopped. It was fun to be with my sisters for the day and spend time laughing and talking with them. This morning everybody left and now I once again have an empty house. I can't wait for the holidays to come to be with family again! Have a great day all.

0 comments: